Family Picnic in Partnership with Rainbow Families
Connect with other LGBT families in Hillwood's urban oasis at this family celebration.
- Pack a picnic from home or purchase food from Merriweather To Go to enjoy on the magnificent Lunar Lawn.
- Play games on the lawn, including hula hoop, badminton, and jump rope.
- Practice your putt on the Putting Green.
- Get your face painted with your favorite garden critter.
- Try on costumes from a collection of hero's capes, royal crowns, knight's shields, and more.
- Create an art project of your very own to take home after discovering treasures in Hillwood's mansion.
- Explore the special exhibition Mid-Century Master: The Photography of Alfred Eisenstaedt.
Presented in partnership with Rainbow Families.
The program takes place rain or shine. In the event of rain, picnicking will take place under the shelter of the C.W. Post courtyard tent and the art project, face-painting, and dress-up activities will take place indoors.
Hillwood remains open until 5 p.m. You are welcome stay and enjoy all the estate has to offer.