PAIR OF WOMEN'S EVENING SHOES
Made by: Bob, Inc.
Currently in storage
About this object
This pair of evening dance shoes has black satin toes and silver leather heels. The shoes feature a modified T-strap design and have cutouts across the slightly rounded toe section. They have open sides with rectangular buckles on the outsides of the ankle straps. The high, curved heels are covered in silver leather. This particular pair of shoes is in the "Alice" style. There are approximately four dozen shoes in this style in the collection that were custom-made by Bob, Inc. for Mrs. Post between 1946 and 1970.
- Costume Accessories
- Object name:
- PAIR OF WOMEN'S EVENING SHOES
- Made from:
- Silk satin -- leather -- wood -- metal
- Made in:
- New York, USA
- Date made:
- H. 5 in., W. 3 1/8 in., D. 9 in.
Detailed information for this item
- Catalog number:
- Signature marks:
- Mark Bob Inc./12 EAST 57th STREET/NEW YORK Embossed in gold on both insteps
- Credit line:
- Bequest of Marjorie Merriweather Post, 1973