PAIR OF WOMEN'S EVENING SHOES
Made by: Bob, Inc.
Currently in storage
About this object
This pair of evening dance shoes has pink satin toes and silver leather heels. It features a modified T-strap design and has cutouts across the slightly rounded toe section. The shoes have open sides with a rectangular buckle on the outside of the ankle strap. The high, curved heel is covered in silver leather. This particular pair of shoes is in the "Alice" style. There are approximately four dozen shoes in this style in the collection that were custom-made by Bob, Inc. for Mrs. Post between 1946 and 1970.
- Costume Accessories
- Object name:
- PAIR OF WOMEN'S EVENING SHOES
- Made from:
- Silk satin -- leather -- wood -- metal
- Made in:
- New York, USA
- Date made:
- H. 4 3/4 in., W. 3 in., D. 9 in.
Detailed information for this item
- Catalog number:
- Signature marks:
- label Bob Inc./12 East 57th Street/New York On instep in each shoe The lettering is embossed in gold on a white leather lining. inscription 86575 Inside each shoe on the outer part of the heel covering. The number was handwritten in black ink by the shoemaker as part of their recording system.
- Credit line:
- Bequest of Marjorie Merriweather Post, 1973