Part of: Family Fun Days
La Chandeleur, also known as Crêpe Day, marks the halfway point between winter and spring. In France, families celebrate by eating crêpes, which are round and golden like the springtime sun.
Hillwood and Alliance Française de Washington invite families to celebrate this holiday in festive French fashion amidst Hillwood's spectacular gardens, magnificent mansion, and exquisite French treasures.
- Snack on a tasty treat of sweet crêpes.
- Hear classic French tales inspired by scenes from La Fontaine fables that are pictured on tapestries covering chairs from France displayed in the mansion.
- Engage in playful games and activities to learn new French words in French Language mini-lessons, led by teachers from the Alliance Française de Washington.
- Explore Hillwood's French treasures through interactive, docent-led, family-friendly gallery talks and a printed activity guide.
- Decorate a plate with fanciful designs and flourishes inspired by Hillwood's French Sèvres porcelain.
Tickets include 3 crêpes per person.
This program is presented in partnership with Alliance Française de Washington.