Location: Lunar Lawn
Grab your pooch and high-tail it to Hillwood for an afternoon of Halloween fun!
Strut your mutt and size up the other canine contestants in the costume competition!
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Best Homemade
- Most Glamorous
- Best Owner & Dog Combination Costume
- Top Dog (Best Overall)
Stop by the Hillwood Café to pick up a special Spooky Pooch signature champagne cocktail, beer, or wine by the glass or bottle.
You can also purchase light snacks or bring a festive picnic from home. Please note that our liquor license does not permit outside alcohol.
Stroll the Woodland Walk
Join a behind-the-scenes hike, led by members of Hillwood's horticulture team. Stroll the wooded trails opened specially for this event and enjoy the brilliant fall color. This trail is also open for self-guided touring.
Meet the adorable dogs looking for the real Halloween treat of a forever home at the adoption show by the City Dogs Rescue.
Enjoy the "Tricks for Treats" training demonstration led by Michelle Yue, of Good Dog DC.
- Dogs are not allowed on the estate outside the hours of the program.
- Dogs must be on a six foot leash at all times and under the control of their adult handlers. No retractable leashes.
- No more than 2 dogs per adult handler. Hillwood reserves the right to remove groups lacking control.
- Dogs may not be left unattended at any time.
- To protect our plant collections and garden sculptures, stay in designated areas only.
- Keep your dogs on the path and designated grassy areas. Dogs are not permitted in planting beds.
- Dogs are not permitted in any indoor facilities.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the estate. Hillwood reserves the right to refuse entry to, or remove, any dog thought to be harmful to visitors, other dogs, or property, without refund.
- Dogs must have current license and rabies vaccination tags.
- You are required to clean up after your dog with pet waste bags and dispose of the bags properly.